Could anybody help me with this proplem number 8 please

Shahd

Could anybody help me with this proplem number 8 please

number8.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shahd. I can read your attached image (after using the forum's zoom feature and rotating my face).

Where are you stuck? Make sure that you understand the meaning of all given symbols and notations. For example:

|L - M|

Ask for definitions or look them up, if you're unsure.

After you understand the meaning of the exercise statement and the four answer choices, begin your work by doing two things.

1) Replace symbol f(L) with its numerical value, in all of the answer choices.

2) Sketch two parabolas possible passing through points (L,0) and (M,0). One opens upward, and the other opens downward. You may sketch parabolas crossing anywhere on the x-axis because you need only representative graphs to compare the signs of the function's output numbers f(L+1) and f(L-1).

Please share your thoughts and anything you've tried. If you see something that you don't understand, then let us know what it is.

:)

Hi Shahd. I can read your attached image (after using the forum's zoom feature and rotating my face).

Where are you stuck? Make sure that you understand the meaning of all given symbols and notations. For example:

|L - M|

Ask for definitions or look them up, if you're unsure.

After you understand the meaning of the exercise statement and the four answer choices, begin your work by doing two things.

1) Replace symbol f(L) with its numerical value, in all of the answer choices.

2) Sketch each of the two parabolas possible passing through points (L,0) and (M,0). One opens upward, and the other opens downward. You're free to pick values for L and M because you need only representative graphs to compare the signs of numbers f(L+1) and f(L-1).

Please share your thoughts and any work you've tried. If you see something that you don't understand, then let us know what it is.

Sorry for that , and thanks allot for you effort I just can't solve number 8

thanks allot for you effort I just can't solve number 8
Yes, I understand that you're unable to finish exercise #8. Please show us what you can do. Where are you stuck, specifically? Is there anything in the exercise statement that you don't understand? Have you drawn and labeled any parabolic graphs? Do you understand what number the output symbol f(L) represents?

?

Yes, I understand that you're unable to finish exercise #8. Please show us what you can do. Where are you stuck, specifically? Is there anything in the exercise statement that you don't understand? Have you drawn and labeled any parabolic graphs? Do you understand what number the output symbol f(L) represents?

?
I can't solve it all , could you solve it in a paper and send me it

I can't solve it [at] all
You also seem unable (or unwilling) to respond to my questions. I'll try one more time.

Do you understand function notation, like f(L) and f(L-1)? If you do, then tell me what those expressions mean to you. Otherwise, say no.

What is the graphical meaning of the expression |L-M| when L and M are two numbers on the Real number line? If you're not sure, then say so.

If you do not understand my questions at all, then please explain why you're interested in this exercise. Thanks.