Diferent answer each time!

Mathmasteriw

So can anyone help? I seam to be getting wrong answer here, ive tryed a few things (including changing caculator to RAD) where am I going wrong here?
Thanks, its going to be a long night.

Attachments

• 65732686-A7B5-43AF-9E80-0B9C839401BF.jpeg
    65732686-A7B5-43AF-9E80-0B9C839401BF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
So can anyone help? I seam to be getting wrong answer here, ive tryed a few things (including changing caculator to RAD) where am I going wrong here?
Thanks, its going to be a long night.
Your calculator is clear set to degrees; it clearly shouldn't be, since angles in degrees wouldn't use pi.

So what do you get when you set it to radians? Have you checked your answer by plugging it into the original equation?

I'd do this without a calculator, knowing that [MATH]\sin^{-1}\left(\frac{1}{2}\right) = \frac{\pi}{6}[/MATH].

But also, what units is f (in the formula) supposed to be in -- Hz, or MHz? And is your value for f in mHz or MHz? Assuming t is in seconds, I suspect you need to convert to Hz.

Switched to RAD again and these are the results.. and yes F=1MHz
Dose this mean I need to change the 1 in the forumla to reprisent the MHZ

Thank you for your time and help! Very much appreciated!
0D0A3844-A027-4AAD-A551-4465E42ECCE4.jpeg

If your f is in megahertz, then your t has to be in microseconds. You didn't label the unit, so I can't call your answer wrong, but it's incomplete without a unit.

Using exact values as I suggested, the answer is [MATH]t=\frac{\frac{\pi}{6}+\frac{\pi}{4}}{2\pi} = \frac{\frac{1}{6}+\frac{1}{4}}{2} = \frac{5}{24} \approx 0.208[/MATH].

T
If your f is in megahertz, then your t has to be in microseconds. You didn't label the unit, so I can't call your answer wrong, but it's incomplete without a unit.

Using exact values as I suggested, the answer is [MATH]t=\frac{\frac{\pi}{6}+\frac{\pi}{4}}{2\pi} = \frac{\frac{1}{6}+\frac{1}{4}}{2} = \frac{5}{24} \approx 0.208[/MATH].
Thank you very much for your time!
Regarding the units.. yes M is in MHz (megaherts) so the t in my answer would be 0.208 microeconds?
Really appreciate your help!

Last edited:
I hope that this is an example word problem and you aren't doing EE work - if you are, definitely use phasors lol