Does anyone know how to do fourier transforms?

mcsquared00

I have no idea where to even start on how to do a fourier transform. For example e^(3ix-|x+2|)

Second year uni course btw

I have no idea where to even start on how to do a fourier transform. For example e^(3ix-|x+2|)

Second year uni course btw
Please post the complete problem. Where is the rest of the problem?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Please post the complete problem. Where is the rest of the problem?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.
that is the complete problem sir. And im stuck on everything. There you go

that is the complete problem sir. And im stuck on everything. There you go

I recommend that you set the problem aside for a bit and watch this video multiple times with hour/day breaks in between depending on your time constraints, until you feel you've really internalized the contents. Don't feel pressure to understand every detail on the first pass; focus first on the main ideas, and as you watch a second/third time you will naturally retain more and more of the details. Then you should have a good conceptual understanding of the Fourier Transform, good enough to explain the topic to another person, and the formula should also start to feel somewhat intuitive.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUNpyF58BY

Alternatively, there are probably other similar videos out there on the topic and you could pull from a wider array of sources. The main point is that, at least for me, it's easier to approach this topic conceptually first and as a pile of formulas second.

(Disclaimer: I am not a teacher, I am also studying the equivalent of a first course in PDEs.)

Last edited: