Factoring and Polynomials

anchovy

Hi, I already answered all these questions I just need someone to check them.
1633301275923.png
1633301294059.png

1633301355755.png

Attachments

• 1633301325851.png
    1633301325851.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 10
I disagree with your 4th answer and last answer. Otherwise all good. You might want to reconsider those.

I am talking about the last one in the final attachment. Is that the same one you are talking about? (The one with the negative fractional exponents)

I am talking about the last one in the final attachment. Is that the same one you are talking about? (The one with the negative fractional exponents)
Oh! I had assumed (yes, I know I know!) that the attachment was just a copy of the problem. Yes, the second problem in the attachment is wrong.

-Dan

I disagree with your 4th answer and last answer. Otherwise all good. You might want to reconsider those.
Alright so for the 4th I don't understand how it might be wrong, the way I did was like this:
[math]a^2+b^2-c^2+2ab[/math][math]x^2-y^2=(x-y)(x+y)[/math]Let x = [math](a+b)[/math] Let y = [math]c[/math][math](a+b)^2-c^2[/math][math](a+b+c) (a+b-c)[/math]
Aren't both of those trimonials

For the last one, I did the same exact question on a quiz and the teacher didn't mark it wrong, but I guess a lot of people might have, so she put in the home work too

this is my work from the quiz

1633374066461.png

Alright so for the 4th I don't understand how it might be wrong, the way I did was like this:
[math]a^2+b^2-c^2+2ab[/math][math]x^2-y^2=(x-y)(x+y)[/math]Let x = [math](a+b)[/math] Let y = [math]c[/math][math](a+b)^2-c^2[/math][math](a+b+c) (a+b-c)[/math]
Aren't both of those trimonials

For the last one, I did the same exact question on a quiz and the teacher didn't mark it wrong, but I guess a lot of people might have, so she put in the home work too

this is my work from the quiz

View attachment 29129
Ok sorry. My mistake. You are correct for the 4th question.
But, in the last, you have chosen D, which says that x+2 is NOT a factor where clearly it is.