finding exact values

nanase

question trig.jpeg

guys I need help with this,
I worked out the value of sin and cos already from a triangle diagram
but when I substituted i ended up with long expression that is not equal to the right figures.
Can somebody help me?

View attachment 33557

guys I need help with this,
I worked out the value of sin and cos already from a triangle diagram
but when I substituted i ended up with long expression that is not equal to the right figures.
Can somebody help me?
The long expression I get can be simplified to that answer by rationalizing the denominator (among other things).

If you're saying that you tried evaluating your expression and it was different from the decimal value of what's shown, then either there's a mistake in your work so far, or you made a mistake in your evaluation. We can't tell where the error is without seeing it.

Show us your work so far, and we can check if it's right, and tell you what to do next.

sure thing, here we go
step trig.jpeg
I feel my answer is going far away from the desired answer...
thanks for helping

The long expression I get can be simplified to that answer by rationalizing the denominator (among other things).

If you're saying that you tried evaluating your expression and it was different from the decimal value of what's shown, then either there's a mistake in your work so far, or you made a mistake in your evaluation. We can't tell where the error is without seeing it.

Show us your work so far, and we can check if it's right, and tell you what to do next.
most likely the "among other things" part that I miss hahaha

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 12.31.43 AM.png

Rationalize [imath]\frac{12}{\sqrt{13}}[/imath] and put the terms inside the parenthesis over one fraction. Should be obvious from there.

Last edited:
Gee thanks BigBeachBanana & Harry_the_cat !! I tried both of your approaches and it works!
Appreciate the help!