Fisher's exact test in SPSS: smoking * prognosis Crosstabulation (diabetic foot)

katibsareeh

fisher image 1.jpgfisher image 2.jpg

Hi. I performed Fisher's exact test in SPSS, on a sample of 141 diabetic patients who have diabetic foot and I wanted to explore if there is an association between smoking levels on the rows side (nonsmoker, smoker, exsmoker) and diabetic foot prognosis on the columns side (No amputation, Amputation). I had the data in a 3 by 2 table, and I got the results as shown in image 1, and I wonder what does the value 1.791 on the left side adjacent to "Fisher's exact test" sentence represent? and and how is it calculated, and what is the difference between it and the P value in the same row (0.454) and what does the term "The standardized statistic is -1.042." in the notes below the table mean? and how is it calculated?

Interestingly, on the same sample of 141 diabetic patients, when I wanted to explore the association between diabetes mellitus type on the rows side (type 1, type 2) and diabetic foot prognosis on the columns side (No amputation, Amputation), and I got the results as shown in image 2, the cell adjacent to "Fisher's exact test" sentence on the left was empty, however, there was a P value in the same row (0.720)? and what does the term "The standardized statistic is -0.339." in the notes below the table mean? and how is it calculated?