Functions

Karur1012

I just need help answering these two, I am completely lost.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 10.13.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 10.13.30 AM.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 5
I doubt that you are completely lost. Please show us some work. Make a table and look at it and see if you can see anything. Please post back with your table and any work you have done so far.

I doubt that you are completely lost. Please show us some work. Make a table and look at it and see if you can see anything. Please post back with your table and any work you have done so far.
I don't have a graph or anything, I seriously don't know where to start. I am trying to come up with the equation.

I suggested that you make a table with some points.
How are you trying to come up with an equation? Can we see your work?

Have you read the forum's guidelines? If you have you would know that we do not solve any problems for students as we want the student to solve their own problem--with our help. So please post back some work so we have a place to start helping you from.

Actually, I think these questions are not well posed! The first one says that a circle has radius 5 inches and then says that "the frequency is 1500 revolutions per minute". Frequency of what? I guess that since "a circle" is the only object mentioned we are to assume it is the circle rotating but that should have been said: "the circle rotates at 1500 revolutions per minute".

Could you please tell us what kind of mathematics you have been doing that this problem is related to? Myself, I would assume an xy-coordinate system with origin at the center of the circle and represent the rotating circle by the "parametric equations" x= 5 cos(1500t), y= 5 sin(1500t) but I don't know if you are familiar with coordinate systems and "parametric equations".

The second problem says "the distance from the top of the engine to the center of the circle is 13 inches". What engine? Is the engine to be assumed not moving? If so I would assume a fixed point, say (0, 13) in the coordinate system then "translate" the coordinates.