Functions

anchovy

Hi, I already did these 9 questions, but can someone check them for me?

1635116943050.png

1635116973572.png

1635117026944.png
1635117083996.png

Thank you

9 questions ... can someone check them for me?
Hi anchovy. Two checkboxes in question 7 are incorrect.

Question 3 doesn't list the correct answer -- which is 'B and D' -- but B is probably what they have in mind.

With continuous graphs, a global maximum is also a local maximum and a global minimum is also a local minimum. It doesn't matter whether a global minimum or maximum occurs at an included endpoint of the domain or elsewhere in the domain; it's still local to some vicinity.

Zero is the global minimum for sqrt(x) -- it occurs at the point (0,0). Yet, zero is also a minimum locally in any x-interval [0,c] where c is a positive constant.

Everything else looks good.

? Do you have a graphing calculator? If not, there are online calculators for doing the same tasks. Either makes it easy to check answers.

:)

Hi anchovy. Question 3 doesn't list the correct answer -- which is 'B and D' -- but B is probably what they have in mind.

With continuous graphs, a global maximum is also a local maximum and a global minimum is also a local minimum. It doesn't matter whether a global minimum or maximum occurs at an included endpoint of the domain or elsewhere in the domain; it's still local to some vicinity.

(0,0) is the global minimum for sqrt(x) but's also a minimum locally in any interval [0,c] where c is a positive constant.

Two answers chosen in question 7 are incorrect.

Everything else looks good.

? Do you have a graphing calculator? If not, there are online calculators for doing the same tasks. Either makes it easy to check answers.

:)
Hi, Thank you