Having a problem figuring this out

Lolais10

Can anyone help me solve this or point me in the right direction? I am stuck. 1DECF1E3-9E42-4A6F-93DE-8C7D4BBC2466.jpegNot trying to be a mathematician, just trying to survive a class. Thank you in advance.

Can anyone help me solve this or point me in the right direction? I am stuck. View attachment 33586Not trying to be a mathematician, just trying to survive a class. Thank you in advance.
Please show us whatever bits you can try, so we can see where to start (rather than start with what an x-axis is!).

To write the equation, you might start by thinking about how you would calculate the amount he would have in the bank after working, say, 3 hours; then do the same replacing 3 with x.

Then, look at the equation and compare it with whatever you have learned about the graphs of straight lines. What have you learned about their intercepts in relation to the equation?

Then do whatever you can do after that, and show it to us.

You need to assume that ALL the money that Terry works all goes into his bank account.

If Terry works 0 hours, then he has $40 + 14*0 in his bank account.
If Terry works 1 hour, then he has $40 + 14*1 in his bank account.
If Terry works 2 hours, then he has $40 + 14*2 in his bank account.
If Terry works 3 hours, then he has $40 + 14*3 in his bank account.
If Terry works w hours, then he has ?? in his bank account?

I really appreciate everyone’s help. After reading each reply I was able to figure it out. It seems I was over-thinking the problem, and making things harder than they were.
With Gratitude..