Help! Graph Linear Inequalities

Amsantiax

How to solve this kind of word problem in linear inequalities?

Problem: Sketch a graph of linear inequalities in two variables showing the number of casualties in the most destructive earthquake recorded in the American history. Let F be the number of female casualties and M be the number of male casualties.

That's the question. I don't know how or where to start to answer this kind of problem. Anyone? Thanks!

How to solve this kind of word problem in linear inequalities?

Problem: Sketch a graph of linear inequalities in two variables showing the number of casualties in the most destructive earthquake recorded in the American history. Let F be the number of female casualties and M be the number of male casualties.

That's the question. I don't know how or where to start to answer this kind of problem. Anyone? Thanks!
First thing to do is to collect data regarding:

the number of casualties in the most destructive earthquake recorded in the American history​

Do you have this data?

If not, then get busy with Google and start collecting data.

First thing to do is to collect data regarding:

the number of casualties in the most destructive earthquake recorded in the American history

Do you have this data?

If not, then get busy with Google and start collecting data.
Thanks for your immediate response.

I goggled it and here's what I found.

The most powerful earthquake to strike the United States was a magnitude 9.2 recorded in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 28, 1964. The quake resulted in 139 deaths – nowhere near many of the most destructive quakes on record.

There's no specific number of how many male and female casualties. Only the total number of casualties. What should I do next? Thanks!

Thanks for your immediate response.

I goggled it and here's what I found.

The most powerful earthquake to strike the United States was a magnitude 9.2 recorded in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 28, 1964. The quake resulted in 139 deaths – nowhere near many of the most destructive quakes on record.

There's no specific number of how many male and female casualties. Only the total number of casualties. What should I do next? Thanks!
There are many articles published for that earthquake. Skim/scan some of those and see if you can get more pertinent data.

I think you have to collect data for multiple earthquakes.

I would have contacted the instructor and ask for more clarification.

There are many articles published with that earthquake. Skim/scan some of those and see if you can get more pertinent data.

I think you have to collect data for multiple earthquakes.

I would have contacted the instructor and ask for more clarification.
Ok. But what if I use a temporary number of casualties for male and female? for example, The total casualties is 53, the exact number of female casualties is 35 and male casualties is 18? How do I write/graph it in linear inequalities? Many thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Ok. But what if I use a temporary number of casualties for male and female? for example, The total casualties is 53, the exact number of female casualties is 35 and male casualties is 18? How do I write/graph it in linear inequalities? Many thanks for your help. Appreciate it.
What have you been taught about graphing inequalities?

What does that graph look like in example problems that you have seen?