How many integer pairs (x;y) satisfy the equation?

Violette

Given that [math]0≤x≤2023;1≤y≤2023[/math] satisfy the equation :
[math]4^{x+1}+log_2(y+3)=2^{y+4}+log_2(2x+1)[/math]My attempt
[math]<=>2.2^{2x+1}-log_2(2x+1)=2.2^{y+3}-log_2(y+3)[/math]both sides share the same structure so i set [math]f(t)=2.2^t-log_2(t)[/math][math]f'(t)=2ln(2)2^t-\dfrac{1}{tln2}>0[/math]so f(t) is a monotonically non-decreasing function(idk if this word is right in my language it's called hàm đồng biến)
[math]=>2x+1=y+3<=>y=2x-2[/math]but here is where i stuck because all 4 options ABCD are A.2023 B.1011 C.2022 D.1012
i don't know what to do next

Last edited:
You solution looks good to me. I don't know why they list only those numbers in the options since any [imath]x,y[/imath] pair where [imath]y=2x-2[/imath] satisfies the equation. Could there be some additional constraints in there?

P.S. Minor complaint: your use of period for multiplication ("[imath]2.2^{2x+1}[/imath]") looks misleading: most English speakers would treat it as an equivalent of [imath]\left(\frac{22}{10}\right)^{2x+1}[/imath]. Using \cdot for multiplication, i.e. [imath]2\cdot 2^{2x+1}[/imath] would make it more readable.

You solution looks good to me. I don't know why they list only those numbers in the options since any [imath]x,y[/imath] pair where [imath]y=2x-2[/imath] satisfies the equation. Could there be some additional constraints in there?

P.S. Minor complaint: your use of period for multiplication ("[imath]2.2^{2x+1}[/imath]") looks misleading: most English speakers would treat it as an equivalent of [imath]\left(\frac{22}{10}\right)^{2x+1}[/imath]. Using \cdot for multiplication, i.e. [imath]2\cdot 2^{2x+1}[/imath] would make it more readable.
yes I am new to online math typing I am really sorry. They already gives[math]0≤x≤2023;1≤y≤2023[/math] to find how many pairs If i am right but I don't know how to do that ^^.

Did you miss the part of the problem statement that is only in the title?

How many integer pairs (x;y) satisfy the equation?​

To @Violette: It's a good idea to make sure the entire problem is within the post, rather than splitting it as you did.

So, for how many integers x in [0, 2023] is y = 2x - 2 in [1, 2023]?

Did you miss the part of the problem statement that is only in the title?

How many integer pairs (x;y) satisfy the equation?​

To @Violette: It's a good idea to make sure the entire problem is within the post, rather than splitting it as you did.

So, for how many integers x in [0, 2023] is y = 2x - 2 in [1, 2023]?
I tried again and let y=2(x-1)[math]=>1≤2(x-1)≤2023<=>\dfrac{3}{2}≤x≤1012.5[/math]and since 1 x produces 1 y so we have 1011 pairs (x;y) ^^