I COULDN'T FIND A MICROECONOMICS THREAD :(

sonrays06

I NEED HELP BECAUSE I Don't HAVE AN E-BAY ACCOUNT AND I'M DISABLED and ONLY CAN DO SOME THINGS :(?

Go to the Collectibles section of eBay (http://collectibles.shop.ebay.com/) and pick any subcategory that looks interesting to you. Find an auction that is just about to end and bookmark it. When the auction has ended, return to the auction page and click on “Bid History.” (If you have an eBay account, you have the option for searching “Completed Listings.”)

Use the bid history to construct a demand curve.
(You will have to “reorder” the bids a bit to figure this out. Try to figure out the maximum price that each of the bidders is willing to pay, and then use that information to construct the demand curve.

See attached for how to get from a bid history to a demand curve.)

It can be a picture that you made with a program like Excel, or it can be a hand-drawn graph that you scan or take a picture of with your phone. Also please enter the eBay item number in the text box below. I need the eBay item number so that I can check the bid history to confirm your data.

HELPFUL NOTES:

• Only count the highest bid for each bidder. If one bidder bids $25 but then later bids $50 and then never bids again, it must be that his maximum willingness-to-pay is $50; the $25 bid is irrelevant. If the bidder had been willing to bid more than $50, he probably would have bid more than $50.
  • Remember that demand is about willingness to buy something. So if there are 4 bidders in the auction, then that means that at some prices there were 4 willing buyers, even though there’s only 1 item. Note that in an auction, the price rises until there is only one willing buyer left. If there are two or more willing buyers, then the auction isn't over yet!
  • Pick an item with at least 3 bidders, so you have something interesting to draw. This means the number of bids must be at least 3, but could possibly be more. It may take some searching.
  • You may search other areas of eBay as well, but I like Collectibles because it usually features one-of-a-kind items, which helps explain why the one highest bid ends up being the selling price.
  • Make sure you unclick to eliminate “Buy it Now” items from the listings, because these will not generally be helpful.

Attachments

• UNIT 4 GA example.pdf
    388.3 KB · Views: 1
I assume this is a copy of the assignment you were given, so that "I need the eBay item number so that I can check the bid history to confirm your data" means that the teacher will check your results that way. It is probably not appropriate to ask someone here to do all this for you.

I suggest you ask your teacher what accommodations can be made for your disability, in order to make this possible for you to do. I can imagine a few possibilities, such as working with a partner in your class.

I assume this is a copy of the assignment you were given, so that "I need the eBay item number so that I can check the bid history to confirm your data" means that the teacher will check your results that way. It is probably not appropriate to ask someone here to do all this for you.

I suggest you ask your teacher what accommodations can be made for your disability, in order to make this possible for you to do. I can imagine a few possibilities, such as working with a partner in your class.
We can’t work in groups ?

Did you discuss your disability (and consequently your inability to complete your assignment) with your teacher?
yes, but I didn't say I couldn't complete it, just wanted help in understanding. Don't want to ask him 10 questions a day, you know?

yes, but I didn't say I couldn't complete it, just wanted help in understanding. Don't want to ask him 10 questions a day, you know?
If you want help understanding, then you need to show where you need help. Showing the whole problem with no work implies either you can't even start, or you want someone else to do it for you anyway. Please read this about how to use the site properly: