I need some help with polynomials and line equation exercises pls

Hi! Welcome to FMH.

Sure we can help you solve your problem. Can you please tell us what you need help with? It is hard to offer you help so that you can solve your problem if we do not know where you are stuck. Please post back showing your attempt in solving your problem.

if anyone can help me solve them id be really thankful
Hi Joan. Are you the student? For now, I'll assume that you are.

A system of two linear equations is given in exercise 1a). There are various methods in beginning algebra for finding the (x,y) coordinates of the intersection point. I don't know what you've studied, so I'll guess. We can solve for x and y, using the elimination method. That method gives a new equation in which one of the variables (x or y) has been eliminated. We can then solve the new equation for the remaining variable, and that solution allows us to find the other.

We note the x-term in eqn2 is half the x-term in eqn1. That makes it straightforward to eliminate x, find y and then use y to find x. Here are the steps:

Multiply each side of eqn2 by 2

Subtract the result from eqn1, to get a new equation that contains only variable y (x has been "eliminated", but not for long).

Solve for y.

Substitute the y-value in either eqn1 or eqn2, and solve for x.

If you get stuck, please show your work up to that point.

?