I Neeed Help for Math Test on Monday!

ahad

So the question is (n+1)+3 how am i graphically gonna represent this?

Do we have to group them or something?

I am in gr.8 so were learning about algebra!

So the question is (n+1)+3 how am i graphically gonna represent this?

Do we have to group them or something?

I am in gr.8 so were learning about algebra!
What do you mean by "graphically represent" something? I can think of several different things that could mean:
1) mark different numbers, (n+ 1)+ 3 on a number line: if n= 1, (n+1)+ 3= 2+ 3= 5, if n= 2, (n+2)+ 3= 3+ 3= 6, etc.
2) write as y= (n+1)+ 3 and mark the points on an xy-coordinate system.
3) draw a "bar graph" with x from 0 to 1 having height (0+ 1)+ 3= 4, from 1 to 2 having height (1+ 1)+ 3= 5 etc.

Can you draw "n" Blocks?

Block1 Block2 Block3 ... Blockn

the question is (n+1)+3

That is not a question.

Please post the entire exercise, word-for-word, including all given information and instructions.

Considering possible graphs representing the Associate Property of Addition, I can't remember seeing any. Animated graphics I have seen, maybe, but nothing that one could simply plot on a single graph using paper and pencil. Do you think that maybe you're expected to draw a sequence of graphs or diagrams?

One could plot an arbitrary number n on the number line, and then move four units to the right, to arrive at n+4. Next, draw another plot aligned below the first one, to show that moving first 1 unit to the right of n, followed by a second move of 3 units to the right, places you at the same location on the number line as if you had instead moved only 2 units to the right (from n) followed by moving 2 additional units to the right (which you may show on a third plot).

Add another plot: first move 3 units to the right of n, followed by another move of 1 unit.

Such a stack of aligned number-line graphs could demonstrate the following:

n + 4 = (n + 1) + 3 = (n + 3) + 1 = (n + 2) + 2

But, let's see the actual exercise, before continuing, please. :cool:

Last edited:
yah but i would have to group them

Okay, then draw one more and then draw three more. Group away!

I would like to see the exact question, of course. We're kind of just guessing at this point.