I really need help with this question:

Musaedm1

The mathematical notion of exponential growth refers to a precise type of growth that happens to be (eventually) very rapid. But the phrase is often applied to any fast-growing phenomenon. A headline says this: "Paypal's mobile payments growing exponentially, reached $4B in 2011 ." Do you think this headline is really describing exponential growth, or is it just using a figure of speech? Explain your answer using the definition of exponential growth outlined in this section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im supposed to collect data from the website that was provided and determine whether or not I think it is an exponential growth or a figurative of speech, I think it is a figurative of speech because there is no exact increasing rate it shows that the overall price they recieved went higher from 2009-2010-2011 but there is no exact rate.

answer using the definition of exponential growth outlined in this section.
The reported data for annual online-payment revenue is:

2009 $141 million
2010 $750 million
2011 $4 billion

Do those increases match exponential growth, compared to the definition in your section?

If you're not sure, then please provide us with the section outline's definition of exponential growth.

?