In a container containing 50 liters of copper, zinc is mixed in at a rate of 10 liters per minute.

Heisenberg42

In a container containing 50 liters of copper, zinc is mixed in at a rate of 10 liters per minute. From the same container, 2 liters are also continuously drained. This alloy of copper and zinc that is tapped out is dropped into a container that initially contains 100 liters of pure gold. What proportion of gold is there in the gold mixture when the proportion of zinc in the gold mixture is half the amount of copper in the gold mixture? The total amount of zinc and copper mixture in the first container thus increases by 8 liters per minute and the total amount of mixture of gold, copper and zinc in the second container increases by 2 liters per minute. Answer the question using differential equations.

This exercise was posted at multiple forums, some at roughly the same time today. Do you have any beginning efforts to share?

[imath]\;[/imath]

Can we discuss the answer, if it doesn't help the OP too much? I did the problem and want to see if my answer is right.

Can we discuss the answer, if it doesn't help the OP too much? I did the problem and want to see if my answer is right.
I think that the new policy is to wait 4 days before posting a full solution after the OP left the thread--In this case the 4 days started when the post was made.

Sure we can discuss the answer if it doesn't help the OP too much.