In the hockey game, Mitchell scored more points than William....

eddy2017

Elite Member
Hi, I am going back to foundational skills in word problems and I have found that dealing with problems like these has been hard. So, I am going to be doing a lot of these. No sense in chewing more than I can chew!.

In the hockey game, Mitchell scored more points than William but fewer points than Auston. Who scored the most points? Who scored the fewest points?
M > W but < A
I know this is about finding the order, but shucks, this has the best of me.
thanks for any tips

Hi, I am going back to foundational skills in word problems and I have found that dealing with problems like these has been hard. So, I am going to be doing a lot of these. No sense in chewing more than I can chew!.

In the hockey game, Mitchell scored more points than William but fewer points than Auston. Who scored the most points? Who scored the fewest points?
M > W but < A
thanks for any tips
More than is a transitive relation. Who is in top?

M > W but < A
thanks for any tips
If you put the givens on the number line (or use some other visualization aid) the answer comes knocking even if you try hard not to see it.

If you put the givens on the number line (or use some other visualization aid) the answer comes knocking even if you try hard not to see it.
That of the number line was a good tip. Like you say you have to be blind not to see it when you do it visually. thanks
A visual is worth a thousand words, right. lol

Attachments

• 2022_03_02_0pj_Kleki.png
    2022_03_02_0pj_Kleki.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 1