Intersection of 2 equations

PequodLZ

1616679790594.png

Salutations my fellow homo sapiens,

I've got these 2 graphs and 2 points of intersection. Its nice that I know where they intersect thanks to the graphing tool but what I need is a HOW to get the points of intersection.

The intersection on the lower left I can get by simply plugging in the y=30/35cos(x) into the other equation. With just one unknown I just used the solver function on my calculator and eventually got the intersection at the lower left.

The question is 'how' to get the intersection on the upper right. Oh and do take note that x is in radians not degrees.

Can you show a screenshot or work in how you got the intersection on the lower left?
Are you asking why you didn't get the other one or how to get the other solution? Show us some work and we can probably work out what's going on! My initial hunch is that you are only working with the primary value, but i am not sure.

I'll gamble and say that you are only working with the primary value. Trig functions are periodic!

I'll gamble and say that you are only working with the primary value. Trig functions are periodic!
Looks like you were right. I only tried plugging in y but I didn't try plugging in x because I thought I would just get the same value of x on the lower left point.

I can manipulate y=30/35cos(x) and turn it into x=cos-1(30/35(y))
Plugged in that x value to the second equation and I got the second point. Thanks!