Little confused about a Harmonics Problem, having a issue with understanding the algebra.

EGOSHOOTSHOOT

Hey, I'm currently doing a Harmonics problem that doesn't include numbers just the symbols. I'm supposed to V1/V2, this is how I went at it...

I added the math as a picture as & couldn't find a way to create a subscript for a Letter, if you know how please tell me :)
The picture also includes the relation between the different symbols & the formulas that I used (top left)

The Textbook answer is 12 but I managed to get 144, help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• AsnwerAttempt.jpg
    AsnwerAttempt.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 10
couldn't find a way to create a subscript for a Letter, if you know how please tell me
Hello. BBcode subscript and superscript tags are available by clicking icons in the far right submenu available at the top of the frame where you type your posts. Or, you may type the tags yourself.

The tags look like this:

[sub][/sub] and [sup][/sup]

EGs:

Z[sub]4[/sub] posts as Z4

e[sup]2x[/sup] posts as e2x

?

[imath]\;[/imath]

I actually might be able to follow this except it seems that only sometimes your arrows mean equality. Why not use equals signs when two expressions are equal?

I guess that arrow in the 2nd line where you squared the expression is in fact an equal sign. It is also invalid. When you square an expression it equals the expression only when the expression is 0 or 1. Note sqrt(144) = 12.