Math word problem

Cheema5566

Please solve this word problem question

Attachments

• ADD7A186-ACCA-4D60-9FF6-948AD2DCF1FA.jpeg
    ADD7A186-ACCA-4D60-9FF6-948AD2DCF1FA.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
Please solve this word problem question
No, that's not what we do. We don't do problems for you; we help you do them.

Please show whatever work you have tried, so we can see where you need help, and start from there.

For example, I'll want to see at least whether you are trying to solve this with algebra, or by some other method (drawing a picture or whatever).

I assume the missing words on the right are "as many".

Let's start you off: The question asks "how many cards did Tom give to Bala" so let "x" represent the number of card Tom gave Bala. Tom initially had 780 cards so how many cards did Tom have after giving Bala "x" cards? Bala had 240 cards so how many cards did Bala have after getting "x" cards from Tom? We are told that now Tom had twice as many cards as Bala. Write an equation saying that the number of cards Tom has now is 2 times the number of cards Bala has and solve that equation for x.

There are a total of 780+240 = 1020. If in the end Bala will have twice as many cards as Tom then I would divide the 1020 by 3 which equals 340. So Bala will have 2*340 or 680 cards and Tom will have 340 cards. How many cards must Tom give Bala to make this happen?