Please help evaluate this graph

Bogard22

I need to solve for f(x) >= 0
Screenshot_20220223-184310_Chrome.jpg
If it is asking when x is greater than or equal to 0 I tried to include the -8, excluding 4 and including 4. Do you answer in interval notation? There is no equation I'm a little confused!

Last edited:
If [imath]x\in [0,8][/imath] what can we say about [imath]f(x)~?[/imath]

View attachment 31295
If it is asking when x is greater than or equal to 0 I tried to include the -8, excluding 4 and including 4. Do you answer in interval notation? There is no equation I'm a little confused!
You're right about what it is asking, and also right to include -8 in the answer; why are you uncertain about whether to include 4 or not?

What is your answer in interval notation? There is a little subtlety in how to write it, so we'll probably be able to correct what you say, but you will likely be mostly correct.

As to whether to write the answer in interval notation, that depends on the wording of the problem, and whether your class has a standard form for such answers. If you think interval notation may not be required, show us your answer in any form you want.

tried to include the -8, excluding 4 and including 4
Hi Bogard. Are you entering answers using software? If so, then double-check for instructions regarding syntax. (Flawed programming is also a possibility.) Please show your entries.

?

If it is asking when x is greater than or equal to 0
It is not asking when x is greater than or equal to 0, it is asking for what values of x is f(x) or y greater than or equal to 0.

If it is asking when x is greater than or equal to 0 I tried to include the -8
If x is greater than or equal to 0, then how can x=-8? After all, -8 is not 0 and -8 is not positive.

f(x) is same as y, that is y = f(x). So if f(x)>=0, that means y>=0