Please help (!!)

Steven G

Elite Member
I was asked to help an old college buddy with the following problem.
If x= 212*36 and y = 28*38, then find z s/t zz=xx*yy
I tried what I could think of but nothing helped.
Please give me the secret to solving such problems.

I haven't worked it out, but my first thought was to suppose that z = 2u3v, and write out a couple equations equating powers of 2 and 3 in zz = xx*yy. Does that go anywhere useful?

If not, please show one of your attempts, and/or describe the strategies you tried, at the level I just did.

What does that mean?

I would use ln and continue.... and get z = 211 * 37

Now you show your work ........

Yes, Dr Peterson you were right. I don't know why I could not get to the answer before but it is z=(2^11)*(3^7).
Thanks!

Yes, Dr Peterson you were right. I don't know why I could not get to the answer before but it is z=(2^11)*(3^7).
Thanks!
Because it is too dark in the corner??

It means such that. Is than not common notation? I have been using it for decades.
"than" compared to what?

Those decades are affecting your ocular strength and finger dexterity. That combination of ailments is dangerous to say the least - specially when the patient so particular about "presentation".......

"than" compared to what?

Those decades are affecting your ocular strength and finger dexterity. That combination of ailments is dangerous to say the least - specially when the patient so particular about "presentation".......
that! I meant to write that! I can't wait for your next typo or mistake--oh, that nothing new.

Can you please show or give me a hint about your ln method?

that! I meant to write that! I can't wait for your next typo or mistake--oh, that nothing new. Can you please show or give me a hint about your ln method?
ln(xx * yy) = x * ln(x) + y * ln(y) = 212 * 36 * [12 * ln(2) + 6 * ln(3)] + 68 * [8 * ln(2) + 8 * ln(3)]

continue....

You say:

"...oh, that nothing new." - where did the verb go?