Please help!!!

so i simplified the expression for the first part which was correct and i got -4. I got that by first finding the square roots and solving inside the parentheses, and later i was solving the parts that were outside. But I got an understanding of what is wanted for the second part. so they want for me to find stuff such as that x cant be 0 or y cant be 0 because then the problem wont work so kind of like that. likw how i did it. i just dont know what the correct one is supposed to be.

Last edited:
so i simplified the expression for the first part which was correct and i got -4. I got that by first finding the square roots and solving inside the parentheses, and later i was solving the parts that were outside. But I got an understanding of what is wanted for the second part. so they want for me to find stuff such as that x cant be 0 or y cant be 0 because then the problem wont work so kind of like that. likw how i did it. i just dont know what the correct one is supposed to be.
Instead of talking about mathematical operations, show the mathematical steps you have taken to arrive at the result.

For the second part remember

Division by 0 is not allowed → `x \ne y` & `x \ne 0`..............................edited

and square-roots of negative numbers do not exist in real-number domain → `x \ge 0 ` & `y \ge 0 ` → `x \gt 0 ` & `y \ge 0 ` .............. edited

Last edited by a moderator: