Pre-calc 1 transformations of functions: List transformations for y=-(1/2)f[(2/3}(x+4)]-5, and sketch

Ameila

Hello!! I don't understand how to solve this problem I also posted the answers but I don't know how to get those coordinate answers.

We have to use coordinates from the graph and turns those coordinates into the new transformations for example (x,y) --> (x,y) <-- plot new points on graph

please give detailed instructions thank you !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.02 PM.png
    282 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.08 PM.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 8
If y=f(x) is transformed into f(x) = a f(b(x-c)) + d , do you know the effect of the a, b, c and d values on the graph of y=f(x)?

1. For which values of [imath]x[/imath] can you figure out exact values of [imath]f\left(\frac{2}{3}\left(x+4\right)\right)[/imath]?
  2. For those values of [imath]x[/imath] what are the corresponding values of [imath]y[/imath]?

Once you find answers to the above questions you have a set of [imath](x,y)[/imath]'s to plot.

please give detailed instructions thank you !!!
Detailed instructions should have been provided in your textbook and in your classroom. Unfortunately, we cannot here reasonably attempt to replace hours of classroom instruction. So, since you need detailed instruction on how function transformations/translations work, I would suggest studying at least two online lessons (listing here) before attempting this exercise.

Once you have learned the basic concepts and techniques (from the online lessons), please then return here, review the hints and helps you've so far been provided, and reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far.

Thank you!

Eliz.