Ratio Proof

Tarmac27

Hello,

I am having trouble on the last part c)iii) on this geometry question. I have included the other parts just to give context.

1633140739177.png
From c)i) I found that [imath]HK=\frac{1}{4}c[/imath] and [imath]FE=\frac{1}{2}c[/imath]. Since it was proven that the two triangles are similar I got that:
[math]\frac{XH}{XE}=\frac{HK}{FE}[/math][math]\frac{XH}{XE}=\frac{\frac{1}{2}c}{\frac{1}{4}c}=2[/math]
But I am not sure on how to progress from here.

Please show your work as required by the posting guidelines.
Show why HK = .25c and FE = .5c
Which triangles are similar and why are they similar.?

Please show your work as required by the posting guidelines.
Show why HK = .25c and FE = .5c
Which triangles are similar and why are they similar.?
[math]HK = -\frac{1}{2}OE+OC+\frac{1}{2}CF[/math][math]HK=-\frac{1}{2}(\frac{1}{2}a+\frac{1}{2}c)+c+\frac{1}{2}(\frac{1}{2}a-c)[/math][math]HK = \frac{1}{4}c[/math]
[math]FE=\frac{1}{2}OA+\frac{1}{2}AC[/math][math]FE= \frac{1}{2}a+\frac{1}{2}(c-a)[/math][math]FE=\frac{1}{2}c[/math]
Triangles XHK and XFE are similar by SSS test since all the corrosponding sides are parallel only different sizes

[math]HK = -\frac{1}{2}OE+OC+\frac{1}{2}CF[/math][math]HK=-\frac{1}{2}(\frac{1}{2}a+\frac{1}{2}c)+c+\frac{1}{2}(\frac{1}{2}a-c)[/math][math]HK = \frac{1}{4}c[/math]
[math]FE=\frac{1}{2}OA+\frac{1}{2}AC[/math][math]FE= \frac{1}{2}a+\frac{1}{2}(c-a)[/math][math]FE=\frac{1}{2}c[/math]
Triangles XHK and XFE are similar by SSS test since all the corrosponding sides are parallel only different sizes
SSS does not say triangles are similar if sides are parallel.