Sequences/patterns

Jeff1801

Hi,
Could someone please help me get a start to this question in the image below. I'm not sure how to go about it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220225_150335.jpg
    20220225_150335.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 9
I can’t read the entire attachment. The bits I can see appear to be asking for a proof that a sequence converges. If that is the case, this is posted in the wrong forum.

Hi,
Could someone please help me get a start to this question in the image below. I'm not sure how to go about it.
Thanks.
Make a table of sellers offers and buyers offers. List 5 consecutive offers/counteroffers.

Show us what you get.

Do you see a pattern ?

Make a table of sellers offers and buyers offers. List 5 consecutive offers/counteroffers.

Show us what you get.

Do you see a pattern ?
I couldn't see any pattern when I tried to list them out. For the buyers offers all I know is that they are less than the sellers offer and the next sellers offer is average of his previous offer and the buyers offer.

I couldn't see any pattern when I tried to list them out. For the buyers offers all I know is that they are less than the sellers offer and the next sellers offer is average of his previous offer and the buyers offer.
Did you make a table?

Show us the table.

I listed them out. I'll attach it below.
What does your problem statement say about b2?

s1 → b1 → s2[=1/2 (s1 +b1)] → b2[=1/2(s2+b1)] → s3[=1/2(s2+b2)] → ............................continue [edited]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your list is quite small. Go further until YOU see a pattern.

If I write the numbers 1, 2 you can't see one obvious pattern. The pattern can be 1,2,3,4,5,,, or 1,2,4,8,16,32,.. or something else.