Simplify inequality equation!

Gevni

I have an inequality equation that I want to simplify for value of x. I tried to simplify it but not sure how to move after?
[MATH] \frac{A}{n-x} > \frac{B}{x}[/MATH]Multiply both side by (n-x)
[MATH]A> \frac{Bn -Bx}{x}[/MATH]Multiply both side by x
[MATH] Ax> Bn-Bx [/MATH]Update: So I tried moving further. Please let me know, if I am doing it right?
Move Bx on the left side of equation
[MATH] Ax+Bx> Bn[/MATH]
x(A+B)>Bn

[MATH]x>\frac{Bn}{A+B)} [/MATH]

Last edited:
I have an inequality equation that I want to simplify for value of x. I tried to simplify it but not sure how to move after?
[MATH] \frac{A}{n-x} > \frac{B}{x}[/MATH]Multiply both side by (n-x)
[MATH]A> \frac{Bn -Bx}{x}[/MATH]Multiply both side by x
[MATH] Ax> Bn-Bx [/MATH]
You did:

[MATH] \frac{A}{n-x} > \frac{B}{x}[/MATH]
Multiply both side by (n-x) ...............................here the implied assumption is (n-x) >0

[MATH]A> \frac{Bn -Bx}{x}[/MATH]
Multiply both side by x

[MATH]Ax> Bn-Bx [/MATH] ...............................here the implied assumption is x >0

[MATH]Ax + Bx > Bn[/MATH]
[MATH](A + B) * x > Bn[/MATH]
Continue......

Thanks!
I updated my question in the meanwhile. Did I did it right?
x> Bn/A+B

Thanks!
I updated my question in the meanwhile. Did I did it right?
x> Bn/A+B

What you wrote is:

\(\displaystyle x > \frac{Bn}{A} + B\)........................That would be incorrect

What you should write is:

x > Bn/(A+B)

Those parentheses () are very important to convey correct answer. Do not forget those constraints that were imposed during the solution process.

What you wrote is:

\(\displaystyle x > \frac{Bn}{A} + B\)........................That would be incorrect

What you should write is:

x > Bn/(A+B)

Those parentheses () are very important to convey correct answer. Do not forget those constraints that were imposed during the solution process.
Thank you for your help :) I forgot to add the parenthesis in display else want to write the same.

I feel that someone should point out that there is no such thing as an "inequality equation" since "inequality" and "equation" are contradictory terms! What you have is simply an "inequality".