Simplifying Laplace Transform

Cerebralrecord

I’d just like to know if it’s valid to describe Laplace Transform in this manner: You take a kind of equation and transform it into a simpler kind of equation, then you solve that equation and transform the solution back to the same kind of equation that you started with and then get the solution for the original equation.

I’m thankful for your view in this. If this is not a correct way of describing it in the simplest of ways, please help me do it.

No. That's more like a description of the process, not an explanation of what it IS.

"Valid" is just not the right word, at all.

You should probably think more down the lines of "State Space". Where does your equation live? Where does the Laplace Transform put it?

Well that’s actually what I aimed for. I really can’t wrap my head around all the terms surrounding this thing, since my skills in maths are not well developed. I was just kind of looking for an ELI5 or a metaphor for Laplace Transform.

It is, rather, a description of any transform, rather than just a Laplace transform.

Well that’s actually what I aimed for. I really can’t wrap my head around all the terms surrounding this thing, since my skills in maths are not well developed. I was just kind of looking for an ELI5 or a metaphor for Laplace Transform.
For problem solving purposes, Laplace transform(LT) is used on Ordinary Differential Equations.(ODE).

Have you done any work with ODE and LT>