Solid mensuration help

daddymomo

Screenshot (26).png

Can someone help me with this problem? I got no idea how to solve this. Thank you.

View attachment 33702

Can someone help me with this problem? I got no idea how to solve this. Thank you.
The picture seems to show the two bases as not being parallel; I hope that is a mistake!

I would start by drawing a side view of the entire pyramid, and using similar triangles to determine H.

Then, I would find the volumes of the entire pyramid and of the part to be removed, and subtract.

Please show whatever work you can do, following our guidelines. We need to see where you need help, in order to use what you already know.

Fundamentally, you'll want to solve for the volume of the depicted pyramid, then subtract from that the volume of only the dotted-line pyramid in the illustration. The challenge is in finding the value for H.

My personal approach here observes that we're dealing with two similar (in the geometric sense) pyramids that differ only by scale, and that the proportion of X to H is the same as the proportion of (8m - 2m) to 8m.

Incidentally, the name for the type of shape shown by the solid lines is frustum, which is like the 3D analog to a trapezoid.