Solving for 'x' with 'x' also as an exponent

FOB

Hello hopefully someone can assist me. It's been many years since I left university and my maths skills have gone rusty?. I've been trying to figure this out myself all day and just don't seem to be able to crack it. I'm sure I'm just missing some rule that I need to apply to be able to get it to work. (Probably using logs. I never liked logs:oops:)

I want to rearrange this equation to be able to solve for x
[math]y=\frac{I_{0}+\left(i_{i}\cdot x_{i}-I_{0}\right)\cdot2^{\frac{x_{i}-x}{d}}}{x}[/math]in my specific case
[math]i_{i}=0.2 \\ I_{0} = .025 \\ x_{i}=.7 \\ d = .05[/math]but I'd like general solution that I can adjust these parameters if needed.

At the below link you can see various iterations representing the same equation and a graph of the curve in case any of them help someone point me towards a solution. I tried manipulating to simplify it as much as possible but sometimes I think I'm just complicating it even more and I'm still left scratching my head and failing to isolate x.
[math]y=\frac{a+b\cdot2^{\frac{c-x}{d}}}{x}[/math]https://www.desmos.com/calculator/iuhbhogyol

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's been many years since I left university and my maths skills have gone rusty?. I've been trying to figure this out myself all day and just don't seem to be able to crack it. I'm sure I'm just missing some rule that I need to apply to be able to get it to work. (Probably using logs. I never liked logs:oops:)
I tried manipulating to simplify it as much as possible but sometimes I think I'm just complicating it even more and I'm still left scratching my head and failing to isolate x.
It's not you. I can't do it either. The difference is that I don't expect to be able to.

Did your teachers never mention that they only teach you about the equations you can solve, and there are many that you can't?

Probably not.

When the variable appears both in an exponent, and outside, then typically it can't be solved exactly (by algebraic means), and can only be solved approximately (by numerical means, such as what Desmos can do if you add in "y = some specific number" and look at the dot it makes at the intersection). We call this a transcendental equation.

Reactions: FOB
Thanks for the answer. I don't feel as embarrassed for not being able to solve it now, just for not knowing I couldn't ?