Standardization question

Lilly123456

Hi! I have a question about standardization. I would like to standardize my data for my research, but I don't know how to do this exactly. I have two groups (males and females) and I did a frequency count on how often they show certain behaviour. In the group there are a lot less women than men. Therefore, in order for me to be able to compare the data, I need to standardize the data. Could someone help me with that? Thank you! I added the table with the data in the attachment.

Kind regards,

Lilly Frequency Count..PNG

I would like to compare whether males or females show more of a certain behaviour. E.g. after the data is standardized, I could say male show more of behaviour x compared to females
I'm trying to understand your data better. At the top, you have "7 Males, 1 Female". How come, for instance, Voice Behaviour has 53 males and 7 females?

I'm trying to understand your data better. At the top, you have "7 Males, 1 Female". How come, for instance, Voice Behaviour has 53 males and 7 females?
No, it means that the 7 males have displayed voice behaviour 53 times during the whole meeting. The 1 female displayed voice behaviour 7 times during the meeting.

No, it means that the 7 males have displayed voice behaviour 53 times during the whole meeting. The 1 female displayed voice behaviour 7 times during the meeting.
One suggestion I can make is to divide the frequency of males by 7 to get the average frequency per male.
For example, Voice Behavior: [imath]53/7\approx 7.57[/imath] (Male) vs. [imath]7[/imath] (Female)
Now you're comparing 1 male to 1 female. Of course, it won't necessarily be integers since it's average frequency.

Thank you so much!!! I was also thinking about that, but wasn't sure, so thank you so much for your help!! :)