Stuck with a complicated step in an equation

gamaz321

Hello,
I am trying to solve an equation. However, it is getting too complicated to handle after a few steps. I would appreciate any help to allow me to proceed further.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Page_1.jpg
    Screenshot_Page_1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
note [imath] (x^3+ 1)^3 = x^9 + 3x^6 + 3x^3 + 1[/imath]

[imath]x^9+3x^6+3x^3-16x+9 = 0[/imath]

by observation, note [imath]x=1[/imath] is a solution

Hello,
I am trying to solve an equation. However, it is getting too complicated to handle after a few steps. I would appreciate any help to allow me to proceed further.
Thank you.
It's a tough problem and difficult to solve through ordinary methods.

Observe [imath]\frac{x^3+1}{2}[/imath] and [imath]\sqrt[3]{2x-1}[/imath] are inverses of each other.

Can you continue with this hint?

It's a tough problem and difficult to solve through ordinary methods.

Observe [imath]\frac{x^3+1}{2}[/imath] and [imath]\sqrt[3]{2x-1}[/imath] are inverses of each other.

Can you continue with this hint?
I could not proceed even with the suggestion. It appears too complex. Sorry. Thanks anyways.

I could not proceed even with the suggestion. It appears too complex. Sorry. Thanks anyways.
It's less complicated than you think, and the solution is quite elegant. Here's another hint.
The function is reflected over the line [imath]y=x[/imath] to obtain the inverse. What does this tell you? If you still have trouble, graph all of the functions.

Not sure what happened with the OP, but this was an interesting problem.
By observing that [imath]\frac{x^3+1}{2}[/imath] and [imath]\sqrt[3]{2x-1}[/imath] are inverses of each other, this implies that they intersect on the line [imath]y=x.[/imath]
Then the solution can be found by [math]\frac{x^3+1}{2}=x\implies x^3-2x+1=(x-1)(x^2+x-1)=0\implies x=1,\frac{-1 \pm \sqrt{5}}{2}[/math]