Time Conversion Question - my friends can't agree on an answer

blueisnotokay

Let's say, we have two realities. Jim is in reality A, and John is in reality B. In Reality A, when one day passes, it's a year in Reality B.

Ex: When it's Monday in Reality A, it's 2020. The next day, Tuesday, is 2021 in Reality B.

How long is a day in Reality B, to Reality A?

My friends answer was that 3.946 seconds makes a day in Reality B, but my other friend got 3.946 minutes. Any help is appreciated <3 :)

Please show the work at least one of them did. (And what did you yourself get?) Then we can point out the error.

The important thing will be to keep track of units, which apparently at least one is not doing. In explaining what you did, you may well discover for yourselves who is wrong. (It looks like you used 365 days per year and rounded wrong; the true length is 365.2422 days. But ignoring that, one of you is right.)

How many days are you taking per year? 365? So to go from one day to one year, you multiply by 365.
To go the other way divide by 365. One day is 24 hours= 24(60)= 1440 minutes= 1440(60)= 86400 seconds. What do you get when you divide those by 365?