Transformation of graphs(International AS level pure maths)

Thar Thar

IMG_20220910_200257_964.jpg
For (ii), can i write the transformation was translation by -2 in the x direction? (Another answer for (ii) would be horizontal stretch by scale factor 2?)

View attachment 34002
For (ii), can i write the transformation was translation by -2 in the x direction? (Another answer for (ii) would be horizontal stretch by scale factor 2?)
Why do you ask that question for only question (ii)?
For (i), you could have said the transformation was a translation by 5 in the positive y-direction OR a vertical stretch by a scale factor of 3/8 --or is it called a vertical dilation of 3/8(???)

For (i), you could have said the transformation was a translation by 5 in the positive y-direction OR a vertical stretch by a scale factor of 3/8 --or is it called a vertical dilation of 3/8(???)
... or for (iii), which can be either a reflection or a translation.

In fact, you learn more from looking for multiple answers than from stopping with the "obvious" (whichever one seems obvious to you!). And we could interpret the question as asking for all possible answers (given that only a few types of transformations are considered as "single transformations" in the context -- contrast post #3).

To be honest, I thought there was only one transformation for (i) and (iii) and I could provide the answers for them.
Thank you.

... or for (iii), which can be either a reflection or a translation.

In fact, you learn more from looking for multiple answers than from stopping with the "obvious" (whichever one seems obvious to you!). And we could interpret the question as asking for all possible answers (given that only a few types of transformations are considered as "single transformations" in the context -- contrast post #3).
You're right. I stopped with the obvious answer. Your advice is much appreciated.