Trick Question: 3 are blindfolded while hats put on heads

wilber123

There are three people that are each blind folded although they are able to hear. There are 5 hats 3 white and 2 black. Each person has a hat put on their head then the blind folds are removed. Person 1 is asked first what color hat he has on. Person 1 can see what color hat 2 & 3 have one but he still gives up and says he doesnt know. Person 2 is asked he he also says he doesnt know. Then the last person 3 is asked and he says I know exactly what color hat I have on. What color hat does person 1 have on?

1d3048e5e7.jpg

Re: Trick Question

wilber123 said:
There are three people that are each blind folded although they are able to hear. There are 5 hats 3 white and 2 black. Each person has a hat put on their head then the blind folds are removed. Person 1 is asked first what color hat he has on. Person 1 can see what color hat 2 & 3 have one but he still gives up and says he doesnt know. Person 2 is asked he he also says he doesnt know. Then the last person 3 is asked and he says I know exactly what color hat I have on. What color hat does person 1 have on?

1d3048e5e7.jpg

This is a well known question - if you use google you'll find the answer easily.

But in case you don't find it - tell us what do you think.

Hint

Since #1 can see what #2 and #3 are wearing - and he could not tell what he (#1) is wearing

Both #2 and #3 could not be wearing black hats (why?)

Then what are the choices of color of hats for #2 & #3?

Re: Trick Question

Also remember that the 3 participants KNOW there are 3 whites and 2 blacks.