Trigonometry question

Isbond2

Hello! I’m working out a problem and I got the first few steps but I am stuck on how to simplify pi into what the answer provided. The answer is included but I have no clue on how it got to that. I also boxed the part I was stuck on in red to help. Any feedback would be great!

Attachments

• 64257B39-1D56-4FA9-80D4-EB18A97C6CDE.jpeg
    64257B39-1D56-4FA9-80D4-EB18A97C6CDE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Hello! I’m working out a problem and I got the first few steps but I am stuck on how to simplify pi into what the answer provided. The answer is included but I have no clue on how it got to that. I also boxed the part I was stuck on in red to help. Any feedback would be great!
The second term was made into a fraction with the same denominator as the first.
Why are you subtracting 2pi?

You are asked for the least non-negative value, which will always be less than 2 pi. You made the angle smaller, but not small enough! Subtract 2 pi again (and then check whether the result is less than 2 pi yet). There are quicker ways for large numbers, but repetition is enough for simple cases.

61pi/12 = (5 1/12)pi. What is the multiple of 2pi (2pi, 4pi, 6pi,...) that you can subtract from (5 1/12)pi and still be positive.

5 1/12, 3 1/12, 1 1/12, -11/12, ...