What area of grass can the goat eat?

chijioke

A goat is tied to a peg in the ground. The rope is 3 m long. What area of the grass can the goat eat?
How do I solve this problem? I know that if the rope is used to form a circle, the perimeter would be [math]2 \pi r = 2~m[/math] Maybe from there I can get the radius r which I am thinking I can use to find the area of the rope which is used to form a circle. But even I find such area will the area be equal to the area of grass the goat can graze? How do I go about this problem?

A goat is tied to a peg in the ground. The rope is 3 m long. What area of the grass can the goat eat?
How do I solve this problem? I know that if the rope is used to form a circle, the perimeter would be [math]2 \pi r = 2~m[/math] Maybe from there I can get the radius r which I am thinking I can use to find the area of the rope which is used to form a circle. But even I find such area will the area be equal to the area of grass the goat can graze? How do I go about this problem?
You seem to be totally misinterpreting the problem. The rope does not form a circle; it ties the goat to the peg.

So you are told the radius of the region it can eat: 3 meters. That's because it can eat anything within that distance of the peg.

Please post a copy of the original problem, as it was presented to you - including any relevant figure.

Does this help???
Grass Area.png
Please draw and show us your own sketches in future!

Interesting! That means the goat is standing at the circumference of an imaginary circle. How do we interpret that?
Please tell us how you interpret the problem! And if you didn't state the entire problem (so that it is in fact more complicated than we think), please do.

The goat in the picture is in one of the many places (in green) that it can get to; the circumference of the circle is as far as it can get.

Here is a discussion of two of the more interesting problems of this sort:

Here is another:

Please tell us how you interpret the problem! And if you didn't state the entire problem (so that it is in fact more complicated than we think), please do.

IMG_20230425_182856.jpg
IMG_20230430_140400.jpg That is how I interpreted the problem. But I have seen that your interpretation
is the best because the goat can't move far beyond the arc of the circle which radius (length of rope) defines size of circle. The goat can only graze the area of
the circle. Thanks for that wonderful diagram.
So going by the diagram, the area of the grass the goat can graze is [math]\pi r^2= 3.1×3^2=27.9~m^2[/math]

View attachment 35690
View attachment 35689 That is how I interpreted the problem. But I have seen that your interpretation
is the best because the goat can't move far beyond the arc of the circle which radius (length of rope) defines size of circle. The goat can only graze the area of
the circle. Thanks for that wonderful diagram.
So going by the diagram, the area of the grass the goat can graze is \(\displaystyle \pi r^2= 3.1×3^2=27.9~m^2\) ✔️
I just had to smile at your attempt at a sketch. ?