What is happening to this site

I did not clean out my cache and I am able to post again.
Being able to post later after having not cleared the cache would seem to indicate that cache files are not the issue.

My browser clears the cache automatically, each time I close it (histories, cookies, temporary files, etc.), yet I am regularly unable to use the site. Different members have experienced different issues.

The problem is with the site's server; its set-up and maintenance are lacking. Apparently, this is the new normal.

?

[imath]\;[/imath]

I have been having no problems what-so-ever. If it's a server problem how can I be immune?

-Dan

I don't know, Dan. Your positive energy? ?

Different members experience different issues in the forum. The common thread is that they happen here.

[imath]\;[/imath]
I'm thinking of moving from here if it's a troubled area. Does anyone know a better location?

Repeated server issue, lately. Browser tries to download page for a few minutes, eventually displaying this:

FMH fail 8-8.JPG

[imath]\;[/imath]

I guess that they have given up on getting rid of me so now they are going after you. I don't know why anyone would want you off the forum.
In the past six months, I had to use 13 different ip addresses and even a name change to continue to posting here.
I think that SK is up to his old tricks again!

I guess that they have given up on getting rid of me so now they are going after you. I don't know why anyone would want you off the forum.
In the past six months, I had to use 13 different ip addresses and even a name change to continue to posting here.
I think that SK is up to his old tricks again!
You just have to know how to bribe the Trolls in the basement properly. They like to push pseudo-science and start meaningless arguments.

-Dan

FYI: There's a bug in the forum's pop-up 'reply' link feature, when quoting LaTeX. (That's the reply link that pops-up after you highlight text in a post, to quote.)

If the highlighted text contains LaTeX coding, then the output may be corrupted in the quotation. A workaround is to use the regular 'Reply' link to quote the entire source post, followed by deleting the unwanted parts in the quotation.

The latest example I've seen was changing inline LaTeX [imath]d[/imath] and [imath]D[/imath] to ASCII ddd and DDD. I've tried reproducing the issue, to determine the specifics, but the bug seems intermittent.

?
[imath]\;[/imath]

What is happening to the forum? I visit the site. I start to answer a question, hit preview, and am locked out for hours, sometimes days.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Happened to me on more than one occasion. Usually for hours, not days.