What is the equation for the graph of g(x)?..................edited

Eddy,

You really need to learn the difference between:

y=ab^x-h +k

y = ab^x - h + k

and

y=abx-h +k

y = ab^(x-h) + k

Those parentheses are SUPER important to convey correct meaning.

Okay. The last one is the one that made me go for choice A.

The video is not posting well.

Where are you getting the exponentials from?

f(x) = 2x
Reflect f(x) over the y-axis to get -2x.

How do you find g(x) from there?

-Dan
I would like to continue trying to understand and solve this.
I have been studying but still not comprehending this fully.
your question, topsquark, leaves me a little bit confused. where am I getting my exponentials from?. can you phrase that another way. I am not getting it.

i have read this but I am not seeing a set of coordinates here.

Reflection Over The X-Axis: Sets of Coordinates​

If you have a set of coordinates, place a negative sign in front of the value of each y-value, but leave the y-value the same.

Do i have to get the coordinates myself by setting up a table with x values and then find the values for y, is that it?.

I have studied all this on my own.
The function f(x)=x^2 is a parabola facing upward with its vertex at (0,0), and including the points (1,1), (2,4), (-1,1), and (-2,4).
A function that is a reflection across the x-axis compared to f(x) would be the mirror image of f(x) as I could see when i graphed it in Desmos

A function that is a reflection across the x-axis compared to f(x) would be the mirror image of f(x). It would have the opposite y-values for each x-value. It would also have its vertex at the same place as f(x). Therefore, it would be a parabola pointing downward, with the points (1, -1), (2,-4), (-1,-1), and (-2,-4).
To get the opposite values for y, you simply need to place a negative in front of the x2. So the function would be g(x) = - x^2

so the answer will be equation B > g(x) = –2^(x) − 3
It is the only one that satisfy this condition.

Reflection across the x-axis basically means that any given x value will generate the opposite y value from that in the original function.
when i put the - sign in front it justs flip the grapg with no stretching or compression just flips it.
The only transformation is the "flip," which means your transformation is the negative version of the original, y = -x2.

Attachments

• 5158af6bd5c4e032db2e7ba4a9397d5b.pdf
    333.9 KB · Views: 2
one of the teachers that is teaching me algebra 2 told me that flip or reflect (vertically) about the horizontal x-axis, i should replace y = f(x)
with y = -f(x).