Where do I find information on slope

Alisond27 said:
I need help with slope but I don't know where to find it
There are different aspects of slope that you can study. For lessons, try a textbook (your local library should have some), "Dummies" type books on pre-algebra or algebra (I've found the ones at my local bookstore to be helpful), or online lessons.

For instance, Google lists 2.4 million results for "slope straight line, 2.8 million results for "graphing slope", 4.7m for "slope line equation", and 7m "slope rate of change" (which relates to slopes in the context of word problems).

Have fun! :D

Eliz.

You could start with "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slope".

i have a question that relates to slope.. my teacher does not make it clear enough for me, so im hoping someone can help me?

3. Find the missing value in the ordered pair.
a.) (3, 9), (x, 5) slope= 4

all i want to know is, how do i do this? how do i figure it out?

You have been given suggestions and references to help you understand the concept and hence, be able to solve your problem. It sounds like you really don't want to learn, but just want the mechanics of how to do it. That won't help you in the long run. But if you insist...

\(\displaystyle m=\frac{y_2-y_1}{x_2-x_1}\) where m is the slope, one point on the line is (x[sub:3d6sridr]1[/sub:3d6sridr],y[sub:3d6sridr]1[/sub:3d6sridr]) and another point on the line is (x[sub:3d6sridr]2[/sub:3d6sridr],y[sub:3d6sridr]2[/sub:3d6sridr]). Now, you can plug and chug without understanding.