Where is everybody from?

The Finger Lakes. A little place just East of Rochester and down near the PA border called Hammondsport. It's on the southern end of Keuka Lake. (If you asked the people from Hicks-ville where I lived, they'd ask "Why would you want to go so far out into the boonies?") We have a McDonalds... in the next town, 8 miles away! Just before I graduated, we got a traffic light! :) Heck, my High School didn't even have a football team! But that lake... oooh! It's sooo beautiful!

Hey, just about anything down into White Plains is too busy for me.

-Dan
View attachment 36726
What more do you did after getting a traffic light?

What more do you did after getting a traffic light?
I moved. Unfortunately, first Taylor wineries left, then Mercury Aircraft changed from doing real manufacturing to piece work. Then our little tourist town evolved into a retirement town. Beds and Breakfasts everywhere you look. And they put built a condo down on the beach and ruin it. Honestly, it's not "home" anymore.

And, dang it all! Walter Taylor died. He was an idiot. But he was an inspired idiot that kept on in the winery business, even though he wasn't allowed to put his family name on the bottles anymore. But he was a heck of a character! (I like characters, if you hadn't noticed.) He printed his name on the bottles and scratched it back out with a pen. He's the only vintner ever with a wine named "Get My Goat Red."

But they still have the Curtiss Museum, though they moved it out of the old High School at the center of town. I used to be a tour guide there. When I worked there it was early 20th century and early aviation. Graham-Bell actually did experiments with aircraft there, and the first airplane that could both take off and land on water was developed in H'port. The new place isn't quite the same, but they have a lot more stuff. It's worth a visit. (We once had a group of Japanese nationals on a tour on the second floor... a group of teenage girls who didn't speak a lick of English. In the basement we had another tourist, a grizzled old guy that had on a tee shirt with the logo "Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Two bombs weren't enough." We, ah, kept them apart.)

I've been wine "tasting." Usually my family would have a reunion during craft fair weekend near the end of August and my aunts and cousins would go wine tasting. I'd drive. I don't drink. (Free grape juice, though. Yum! If you haven't had grape juice from a winery before it was pasteurized, you haven't lived.)

-Dan

On the muscle of my arm is a red & blue tattoo … sez “Fort Worth I Love You”.

It’s “home”, but not the only place I’ve resided after 20+ years in the USN.