Lowest amount of possible outcomes (a sports pool)

Mitchd

Hey there I am trying to figure something out for a sports pool I’m in but I’m having a hard time determining if this is the best percentage I can give myself when it comes to picking the correct outcomes of matches.

this is somewhat like a box system I’m using and I have 12 different entries at 6 selections for each try. I also have the option to add another entry with 4 selections if that means that every selection would be a winner or even coming down to picking one match up.

so hypothetically let’s use an example of teams so I can show my current way of doing things:

team A vs team B
team C vs team D
team E vs team F
team G vs team H
team I vs team J
team K vs team L

ENTRY 1: ENTRY 2:
team a team a
team c team c
team e team e
team g team g
team i team I
team k team L

- SO for this example the #6 slot is “boxed” because now it’s gurantee the 6th slot doesn’t matter. Let’s move forward.

ENTRY 3: ENTRY 4:
team a team a
team c. Team c
team e Team e
team g. Team g
team j. Team j
team k. Team L

. - Now slot #5 and slot #6 are boxed. Let’s move forward.

ENTRY 5: ENTRY 6:
team a. Team a
team c. Team c
team e. Team e
team H. Team h
team I Team I
team k Team L

ENTRY 7: ENTRY 8:
team a team a
team c. Team c
team e. Team e.
team h. Team h
team j. Team j.
team k Team L

- At this point slots #4, #5 and #6 are out of the equation it doesn’t matter the outcome. They’ve been “boxed” It’s down to only slots #1, #2 and #3.

ENTRY 9: ?
ENTRY 10: ?
ENTRY 11: ?
ENTRY 12: ?

- now with me trying to figure this out I believe I would need more entries to make it only a 2 selection process. Now I can also opt in for the option of having a spot with only need 4 slots for outcomes.

Math wizards if your still with me .. what gives me the best chance to narrow this down as close as I can to only 2 selections.

any questions ask away, wrote this on my phone late at night so please forgive if it isn’t hard to comprehend or spellings off.

thanks !

Last edited: