Solving 2 Equation with 2 unknowns (Binomial Denominators)

SeijiRyu

Heyguys, I need your help with this one… I solved it on my own but the answer doesnot seem to match the "correct" answer my professor provided. (Notethat he only provided the correct answer and expects us to solve the problemand get that same answer)

Given.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Ans.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks in Advanced!

You went wrong at the VERY END. That was a lot of good work. Easy to follow. Easy for you to CHECK.

Please substitute x = -14 and y = -1 into the original equations. Do they satisfy the system?
Please substitute your values into the original equations. Do they satisfy the system?

1) Check your work carefully, both by reviewing your algebraic manipulations and by doing your best to PROVE that the solution satisfies the original problem statement.
2) Don't believe everything that someone tells you is the correct result. PROVE it!

Oh god! I was so obsessed with getting that (-14, -1) so much that it never occured to me to counter check the values I got with the given problem. So after all this time, I got the correct answers already! Thank you so much for your help!

P.S - Yeah, I don't think I will ever believe in my professor at all anymore lol!