can u plz help me??

Maria_010

An apprentice carpenter has designed a wood coffee table. He expects to sell 25 such tables for $95 each at an upcoming artisan market. By conducting a survey, he determines that for each $2 reduction in the price of the table, he will likely gain three sales.

A. an expression that describes the price of each table, based on the number of reductions, is 95-2x, where x represents the number of $2 reductions in price. Write a similar expression to describe the number of tables the carpenter can expect to sell, based on the number of reductions.

B. Write an equation to describe the carpenter’s income as a product of the price of each table and the expected number of tables sold.

C. the carpenter hopes to earn $3600 to pay for his time, materials, and sales booth, as well as make a small profit. Determine a range for the number of $2 reductions he can apply to the price of the table. What is the corresponding range of prices for each table? How many tables should the carpenter expect to sell?

D. What is the optimal number of reductions? How many tables can the carpenter expect to sell, and at what price?

don't knoe how 2 do this question

A) N is the number sold
N = 25+3x

B) M is the amount he makes. It is the number sold times the price per table.
M = N*P = (25+3x)(95-2x)

Now you have the equations. Can you take it from there?

help

hey i still don't get wat 2 do 4 c and i don't understand y u have 3 things 2 sovle 4 in one line. like M = N*P = (25+3x)(95-2x). so is m and n the same since it is like M=N??

Re: help

Maria_010 said:
hey i still don't get wat 2 do 4 c and i don't understand y u have 3 things 2 sovle 4 in one line. like M = N*P = (25+3x)(95-2x).
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what this means.

Maria_010 said:
so is m and n the same since it is like M=N??
On what basis are you concluding that N, the number sold, equals M, the total amount earned? Where are the new variables "m" and "n" coming from? Please clarify. Thank you.

Eliz.

Re: help

Maria_010 said:
hey i still don't get wat 2 do 4 c and i don't understand y u have 3 things 2 sovle 4 in one line. like M = N*P = (25+3x)(95-2x). so is m and n the same since it is like M=N??

Maria, will you please start working on your typing and spelling;
above is simply terrible; should be a bit like:
Hey, I still don't get what to do for part c), and I don't
understand why you have 3 things to solve for...

If you need help, don't make the tutors' waste time trying
to figure out your cryptics...

It is as it says,
P(rice per table) = 95-2x
N(umber sold) = 25+3x
M(oney made) = N*P
M = (25+3x)*(95-2x)
Which is the same as
M = N*P = (25+3x)*(95-2x)

As to C. & D. are you doing graphs, calculus, analytic geometry or what?
-------------------
Gene

PS. As the others have implied, you should spend at least as much time learning math-talk as chat-room-talk.