Help

Generally, you don't. It depends on your definition of "factored". If you need Integers, or even Rational Numbers, you can't do it.

Hello, Maria_010!

How do i write y= -4.9x^2 +9 x + 15 in factor form
If you mean the standard form for a parabola, it's a messy process involving completing-the-square.

The numbers in this problem makes in incredibly messy.
Who assigned it anyway . . . Professor deSade?

They SURE are messy...set it = 0:

-4.9x^2 +9x + 15 = 0

quadratic leads to x = [-9 +- 5sqrt(15)] / -9.8

(x - 2.8943~)(x + 1.0576~) =0

Thanx

thanx 4 the help but i don't need 2 do it that way i made a mistake srry guys

Need help again

54. An apprentice carpenter has designed a wood coffee table. He expects to sell 25 such tables for $95 each at an upcoming artisan market. By conducting a survey, he determines that for each $2 reduction in the price of the table, he will likely gain three sales.

A. an expression that describes the price of each table, based on the number of reductions, is 95-2x, where x represents the number of $2 reductions in price. Write a similar expression to describe the number of tables the carpenter can expect to sell, based on the number of reductions.

B. Write an equation to describe the carpenter’s income as a product of the price of each table and the expected number of tables sold.

C. the carpenter hopes to earn $3600 to pay for his time, materials, and sales booth, as well as make a small profit. Determine a range for the number of $2 reductions he can apply to the price of the table. What is the corresponding range of prices for each table? How many tables should the carpenter expect to sell?

D. What is the optimal number of reductions? How many tables can the carpenter expect to sell, and at what price?

i don't get this questions

How does this new question relate to the equation in the original post? If it doesn't, then please restrict consideration of this question to your original thread, where you had already received a reply.

Thank you.

Eliz.