algebra .. please help =D !!

onecrazykidd x3

create a pair of equations for each situation
a pair of equations that would have
a) parallel slopes
b) a perpendicular slope
describe the properties of each system of equations

Please see the reply already posted here.

rhymeswith said:
This question is testing your knowledge of the properties of systems of equations. So ask yourself:

a) If lines are parallel, what can I say about the numerical values of their slopes?
b) If lines are perpendicular, what can I say about the numerical values of their slopes?

Then pick a numerical value (whatever you like), and then find the (a) parallel or (b) perpendicular slope. Write line equations with those slopes. There's your systems.

im sorry, but i dont understand that at all. i dont know what the systems of equations is ?? ... is there a different explanation thats a little less complex ?

Please clarify which part is causing the confusion. Do you know what "slope" is? "Line equation" (such as "point-slope")? "System of equations"? Where are you having the difficulty? Have you gotten started, but need a nudge, or are you needing full-fledged lessons, so we need to find links to send you to?

Eliz.

i think i need lessons. im going into algebra II and this is from my summer packet. my algebra I teacher did not teach us everything that we needed. there for i am very confused about these couple of problems. i realize you tryed to help me on the other website, but i did not understand it thats why i came here. thank you for trying to help me, but im just very lost and dont know what im doing. =(

To learn about slope, the slope equation, and how slope relates to graphs, try here. To learn how to graph lines, try here.

I'm not sure what your packets means by the "properties" of the system (pair) of equations, since the packet told you what the properties should be (parallel or perpendicular).

Eliz.