Help ASAP!! I REALLY need a lesson and help on this!!

G

I need help on solving these!! Need it answered and explain how u got it!! I am completely lost!!

#1) Josie's Fish Market sells 15 Flounder and 37 catfish fillets on Tuesday. They sell a proportunate amount on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday they sold 90 catfish fillets and on Thursday, they sold 65 flounder fillets. How many of each type of fish did they sell each day?

#2) Bobby recently purchased a new game with 2 sets of dice (4 total). You win the game by rolling 4 threes. Would his chances of winning increase if he added another die for a total of 5? Why or why not?

angelicaaok said:
#1) Josie's Fish Market sells 15 Flounder and 37 catfish fillets on Tuesday. They sell a proportunate amount on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday they sold 90 catfish fillets and on Thursday, they sold 65 flounder fillets. How many of each type of fish did they sell each day?
ALWAYS start by naming things, particularly those things that the problem statement wants.

"How many of each type of fish did they sell each day?"

F = Tuesday Flounder
C = Tuesday Catfish

"They sell a proportunate amount on Wednesday and Thursday"

We need a constant to reflect that proportion.

a = Wednesday Proportion Constant
F*a = Wednesday Flounder
C*a = Wednesday Catfish

b = Thursday Proportion Constant
F*b = Thursday Flounder
C*b = Thursday Catfish

"Wednesday they sold 90 catfish fillets"

90 = C*a = Wednesday Catfish

"Thursday, they sold 65 flounder fillets"

65 = F*b = Thursday Flounder

We know F = 15 and C = 37

90 = 37*a = Wednesday Catfish
65 = 15*b = Thursday Flounder

a = 90/37
b = 65/15 = 13/3

I'm a little puzzled, here, since the results are no longer integer, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

Now what?