please help me, need help As soon as possible

rgeer

was having some trouble answering these questions on my homework:

Pick the correct letter for the answer.

Write a ratio comparing 4 feet to 2 yards.

(a) 4:2 (b) 4:6 (c) 12:2 (d) 12:6

A soccer team played 32 games and won 20. Find the ratio and simplify:

(a) games won to games lost

(b) games won to total number of games

Arriving in Fredonia, you cash a $100 Travelers check and get 912.32 freedons (the local currency) What is the exchange rate for:

(a) dollars to freedons

(b) freedons to dollars

Thank you and please reply

1) Are you supposed to do the ratio with the terms as given, or convert to the same units? Usually you're just supposed to work with the given terms and units, especially since not all units are convertable (such as "miles" and "hours").

Where are you stuck on this? Do you not know what a "ratio" is? "The ratio of this to that" is just "(this) : (that)".

2) (a) If they won twenty and played thirty-two, how many did they lose? Form the ratio. (b) They gave you the number of wins and the total number played. Form the ratio.

3) How does your book define "exchange rate"? What sort of fraction or ratio are they looking for?

Eliz.

stapel said:
1) Are you supposed to do the ratio with the terms as given, or convert to the same units? Usually you're just supposed to work with the given terms and units, especially since not all units are convertable (such as "miles" and "hours").

Where are you stuck on this? Do you not know what a "ratio" is? "The ratio of this to that" is just "(this) : (that)".

2) (a) If they won twenty and played thirty-two, how many did they lose? Form the ratio. (b) They gave you the number of wins and the total number played. Form the ratio.

3) How does your book define "exchange rate"? What sort of fraction or ratio are they looking for?

Eliz.

1) Its a multiple choice pick a,b,c,d for that one.
2) I understand they just want you to form it and then put it in lowest terms.
3) No exchange rate given, do they just want you to write the ratios?

rgeer said:
Yes, I know you need to pick the correct option. That doesn't answer any of the questions I asked you, however.

rgeer said:
So where are you stuck?

rgeer said:
That's what I'm asking you, yes.

Eliz.

stapel said:
rgeer said:
Yes, I know you need to pick the correct option. That doesn't answer any of the questions I asked you, however.

rgeer said:
So where are you stuck?

rgeer said:
That's what I'm asking you, yes.

Eliz.

1)Convert it to same units.
2)I undestand it now, Im not stuck anymore on that one.
3)The book dosent define exchange rate

1) Then pick a unit, and form the ratio. (The unit won't matter; the ratio will be the same, whether you use "feet", "yards", or "inches". Just remember to reduce.)

3) If the book doesn't define what it's wanting here, then I can't provide much help. The best you could probably do is provide a decimal equivalent, so "one dollar is, by multiplying by the decimal form of the ratio, equal to (however many) freendons", etc, like they use in the newspapers and such.

Eliz.