algebra problems

Elaine

identify the vertex of the parabola

f(x)=-7^2 ?

Is it (-7,0).....

the intensity of I light varies inversely as the sqiare of the distance D from the source. If the intensirty of illumination on a screen 5ft. from a light is 2 foot candles , what's the intensity on a screen 15 foot from the light?

Is the soultion 2/10 foot candle??

thankyou!!!

f(x)=-7^2 ?

Is this supposed to be f(x)=-7x^2 ?

Ask yourself, "How does the coefficient of x affect the graph?" Try plotting a couple of graphs with different coefficients and see the effect.

f(x)=-7^2 ?

Is this supposed to be f(x)=-7x^2 ?

Ask yourself, "How does the coefficient of x affect the graph?" Try plotting a couple of graphs with different coefficients and see the effect.

Yes, it is supposed to be that.

f(x)=-7^2 ?

Is it (-7,0).....

wrong

it's 0,0......

the intensity of I light varies inversely as the sqiare of the distance D from the source. If the intensirty of illumination on a screen 5ft. from a light is 2 foot candles , what's the intensity on a screen 15 foot from the light?

okay it's 2.9 got it...

thankyou!!!

1) You are correct that the vertex is (0,0).

2)

okay it's 2.9 got it...

I = k*(1/d^2) = k/d^2

Substitute in the given info to solve for k:

2 = k/5^2
k = 50

Therefore, our eqn is I = 50/d^2.
Plug in the new distance (15 ft) and solve for I:

I = 50/15^2 = 50/225 = 2/9

I’m guessing when you wrote 2.9, you actually meant 2/9, but I just wanted to make sure.