Can anyone help me??

The question is asking you to solve the given equation for "y=".

I would start by cross-multiplying. Multiply everything out, and get all the y-terms together on one side. See what that gives you.

If you get stuck, please reply showing how far you were able to get. Thank you.

Eliz.

Not even close. Sorry.

Please reply showing all of your steps. Thank you.

Eliz.

It would also be good form to end with an equation when you start with one.

Really, it looks like you are just throwing stuff in a hat and putting them on paper.

Show ALL your steps so we can see what you are doing.

(x-2)/(x+1) = (1-y)/(y-2)

LCD is (x+1)*(y-2) - Multiply both sides by the LCD, leaving

(y-2)*(x-2) = (x+1)*(1-y)

Use the Distributive Property of Multiplication over Addition on both sides, giving

y*(x-2) - 2*(x-2) = (x+1)*1 - (x+1)*y

You go from there. Show each step clearly. No jumping about. No magic wand. Explain what you are doing, then do it. Try to make it make sense. It should not be a mystery.

rachael724 said:
I do not knwo hwo to do distributive property
OK, this suggests to me that you may be in the wrong class. This is a fundamental property with which you MUST be acquainted.

Have you ever seen anything like this?

a*(b+c) = a*b + a*c

Yes awhile ago, my teacher really doesn't give good lessons or notes and my text book doesn't really go over it. That is why I am on here asking for help.

We're really not equipped to catch you up. We can help you over an occasional bump in the road. You need to go have a heart-to-heart with your teacher. I am not immediately encouraged, but I do believe it can get better. You just need to start in the right place. Catching up and getting behind all at the same time just doesn't work.